Surviving in the Scottish Wilderness
Imagine that you are hiking with a group of friends in the woods in Scotland, and the weather changes unpredictably. The icy rain is lashing down in sheets, and it is difficult to see where you are going. You decide that you need to make an emergency shelter in order to survive. As you begin, you notice that one of your friends is missing. The storm is raging and dangerous, and it is beginning to get dark. What do you do?
- Write a first-person narrative story, narrated by you. You should speak for yourself, about yourself. (use words like “I, me, us, we”)
- Try to use dialogue – using “quotation marks” to show what characters are saying.
- Give vivid descriptions using the five senses (what does it look like? Feel like? Sound like? Smell like? Taste like?)
- Try and paint a picture in your readers mind. Describe the scene with as much detail as you can.
- Have fun with it and see where your imagination takes you.