SLCs are coming. Here is a checklist to help you get prepared.
During your SLC conference you will need to:
- Dress formally (BOYS – button down shirt and tie – no jeans) (GIRLS -dress nicely – no jeans)
- Welcome your parents
- Go to your Homebase page on your iWeb portfolio. Lead your parents through your Student as a Learner Profile. Explain to them why you have rated yourself in each area as you did. Please be sure to emphasize the areas that you have chosen to link to your SMART goal.
- Discuss your SMART goal and your strategies for success. How can your parents help to support you in achieving your goal?
- Discuss with your parents the three learning styles: auditory, visual and kinesthetic. Share with your parents your learning style prediction.
- Together visit the on-line learning styles survey. Complete the survey together and discuss what the suggestions mean for you as a learner.
- Present the information you have prepared for each of your classes.
- Thank your parents for coming and make a plan for visiting with your core and specialist teachers.
From Oct. 19th:
In homebase today you’ll be talking about and developing your own SMART goals.
- Students should reflect and rank themselves on the rubric for each sub-category on the SLP sheet
- Students will change the color of the appropriate cell to white to indicate their category standing (select cell, fill color, white)
- Students will need to save their SLP reflection for later use on their iWeb Homebase page
- Review SMART Goals (see attached)
- Each student will create one SMART goal based on their SLP reflection
- Each student will Conference with the teacher
- Store SMART goal for future transfer to iWeb Homebase page