Video focus questions
1. Copy these questions onto a word document.
2. Take notes in a different font color below the questions.
3. Answer all questions in a third color under your notes.
* Be sure to re-state the question in your answer. All responses should be well thought out and well-written.
- Explain the main differences between the Greek city-states of Athens and Sparta.
- Describe the Athenian form of democracy and system of voting.
- What role did the Acropolis play in the life of Athens?
- Why did the Athenians name their city for the goddess Athena?
- Why are Greek vases valuable sources of information for archaeologists?
- What role did the Greek gods of Mt. Olympus play in the Greeks’ daily life?
- Why did ancient Greeks visit Delphi? What was the significance of the Oracle?
- Compare and contrast life for boys and girls in Athens with that of children in Sparta.
- What was the importance of athletics in ancient Greece? What were the ancient Greek Olympics like?
- How was Greek culture spread throughout the world?
Due: Tuesday, Sept. 20th