Homework: Tonight you need to revise your own summer story for Organization. Answer these questions about your own writing. If you answered “NO” for any question, then you need to revise your writing to make it better.
Post your revised Summer Story for Organization. At the bottom, write “this writing has been revised for Organization.”
- Does this paragraph have an interesting/exciting hook or lead that makes you want to read on?
- Does it contain transitions to move one idea on to the next?
- Does one idea/thought follow the other in order?
- Are there strong details that help the reader ‘picture’ what is happening, and keep the reader’s attention?
- Are sensory details used -see, hear, feel, touch, taste?
- Are there reflective details – thoughts and feelings?
- Are memory details used– writer’s experience & knowledge?
- Does the ending summarize the main ideas of the writing? Does it tie up ‘loose ends’ – no unanswered questions for the reader? Does it end in a good spot with a good thought?