What is a cinquain? A five line poem. Here is the format we’ll use –
Format for the cinquain:
Stalks, leaps, kills
Burning eyes and soul
Line 1: one word, the subject or topic
Line 2: two adjectives describing the topic
Line 3: three verbs associated with the topic
Line 4: four words, a phrase or comment on the topic
Line 5: one word, a synonym or impression of the topic
- Let’s try one as a class on the topic of – SCHOOL
- Now try one in your groups on the topic of – ICE CREAM
- Now it’s your turn to make your own. Use the Writing Process to Brainstorm, Draft, Revise, Edit and Publish your own Cinquain. Use your Macbook tonight to edit, revise and add some creative elements to your cinquain.
- Post your finished cinquain in the comments before 9pm for group points! Put your name and your group’s name at the top.
- Come to school prepared to print your final version (published). Your name must appear on the front of your cinquain.