Renaissance Science and Invention
Video focus questions
Directions: Answer all questions by re-stating the question in your answer. All responses should be well thought out and well written.
- Who were some of the important scientists and inventors of the Renaissance?
- What made Galileo’s Pisa experiment so unique?
- Why was the study and application of mathematics so important to Renaissance science and invention?
- What impact did the printing press have on the Renaissance?
- Why is Leonardo considered the quintessential “ Renaissance Man”?
- How did ancient Greek and Roman scholars impact the Renaissance?
- What was the relationship between art and medicine during the Renaissance?
- What contributed to the demand for reliable technology and better ships during the Renaissance?
- What does it mean to have “practical, hands-on” knowledge?
- In 1633, before the Inquisition, Galileo recanted his position that the sun and not the earth was the centre of the universe. What is your opinion of his recantation? What would you have done in his position?
This is classwork/homework and is due Friday, 4/28/11 in class.
(typed and complete with your name, class and date)