Your narrative needs to have a strong beginning, middle, and ending.
Did you choose one of the 3 ways to grab your reader’s attention? (beginning)
- Start with interesting details.
- Use sensory details to grab the reader’s attention.
- Begin with a person speaking.
Is your middle well organized? Use time transition words to link ideas together in time order.
- before, during, finally, while, suddenly, when, immediately, next, afterward, soon, later, until, then, after, as soon as
Does your ending work well?
- Don’t leave unanswered questions in your narrative. Give your reader a satisfying ending.