Video focus questions
- Copy these questions onto a word document.
- Take notes in a different font color below the questions.
- Answer all questions in a third color under your notes.
Be sure to re-state the question in your answer. All responses should be well thought out and well-written.
- Name some of the important artists and writers of the Renaissance.
- What contributed to Renaissance painting being different from the painting of previous periods?
- What were some to f the causes of the artistic boom during the Renaissance?
- What is the relationship between anatomy, painting and sculpture?
- Why was the concept of making things look real important to Renaissance artists?
- How did artists create fresco?
- Why was Machiavelli nicknamed “Old Nick”?
- What was the role of the patron during the Renaissance?
- Describe what it might have been like to have been a commoner attending the Globe Theatre.
- What made Shakespeare’s plays so popular?
- What were some of the hardships that Renaissance artists faced?
- What literary form was used to compose madrigals?
- What were patrons trying to achieve by commissioning artists?
Due: Monday/Tuesday in humanities class 4/26 -4/27