I wish all of you an enjoyable May holiday. The assignments below need to be completed before your return to school on Wednesday, May 5th. A homework grade will be given for all work assigned. Email me if you have any questions or need any help.
- Vocabulary Lesson #14 (pgs. 87-92) – all book work
- Write Source grammar work (pgs. 244, 245, 247, 248, 249, 252, 253, 506, and 507) Re-read each lesson, complete the “Try It” sections and then apply the lesson to your own persuasive essay.
- Persuasive Essay – finish writing your persuasive essay for the Renaissance Art Project. You should edit and revise your writing using the lessons in your Write Source book. You need to peer-edit each group-member’s essay. Read each person’s essay in your group. Give suggestions for editing and make revisions as necessary. You need to self-assess your essay using the persuasive essay rubric below.
Vocabulary book work is due on Wed./Thurs. 5/5/10.
Vocab. Quiz will be on Thursday 5/6/10 in ELO
Renaissance Art, Music & Literature
Video focus questions
- Copy these questions onto a word document.
- Take notes in a different font color below the questions.
- Answer all questions in a third color under your notes.
Be sure to re-state the question in your answer. All responses should be well thought out and well-written.
- Name some of the important artists and writers of the Renaissance.
- What contributed to Renaissance painting being different from the painting of previous periods?
- What were some to f the causes of the artistic boom during the Renaissance?
- What is the relationship between anatomy, painting and sculpture?
- Why was the concept of making things look real important to Renaissance artists?
- How did artists create fresco?
- Why was Machiavelli nicknamed “Old Nick”?
- What was the role of the patron during the Renaissance?
- Describe what it might have been like to have been a commoner attending the Globe Theatre.
- What made Shakespeare’s plays so popular?
- What were some of the hardships that Renaissance artists faced?
- What literary form was used to compose madrigals?
- What were patrons trying to achieve by commissioning artists?
Due: Monday/Tuesday in humanities class 4/26 -4/27