Renaissance Art, Music & Literature
Video focus questions
Directions: Answer all questions by re-stating the question in your answer. All responses should be well thought out and well-written on a Word document and saved to your Blog as an attachment.
1. Name some of the important artists and writers of the Renaissance.
2. What contributed to Renaissance painting being different from the painting of previous periods?
3. What were some of the causes of the artistic boom during the Renaissance?
4. What is the relationship between anatomy, painting and sculpture?
5. Why was the concept of making things look real important to Renaissance artists?
6. How did artists create fresco?
7. Why was Machiavelli nicknamed “Old Nick”?
8. What was the role of the patron during the Renaissance?
9. Describe what it might have been like to have been a commoner attending the Globe Theatre.
10. What made Shakespeare’s plays so popular?
11. What were some of the hardships that Renaissance artists faced?
12. What literary form was used to compose madrigals?
13. What were patrons trying to achieve by commissioning artists?