It’s another week in Rome. We’ll do vocab. lesson 23 as we begin to study the Roman camps in detail. We will explore how the Roman gained military advantage with their camps.
- Vocabulary lesson 23 – including writing extended response (2 paragraphs please), due Monday 11/3
- Roman Camps paragraph due Friday
- Roman Camps Quiz next
Tuesday Monday (typed in class)
Hello Plebs and Patricians. Here’s a sneak peak at the week:
- Monday – Vocab. 22 Quiz, Rome’s location Quiz, begin Vocab. 23, IOWA testing in Advisory in the morning
- Tuesday – Vocab. 23, Rome continued, IOWA in the morning
- Wednesday – Vocab. 23, Rome continued, IOWA in the morning
- Thursday – Vocab. 23, Rome continued, IOWA in the morning
- Friday – Vocab. 23, Rome continued, IOWA in the morning
By week’s end we’ll begin an expository piece (newspaper article) on Nero vs. Hannibal in the Punic Wars.
An exciting week. Please check with Mr. Cole for any missing work. All makeups are due by Wednesday 10/22/08. All missing work counts as a zero. Be the hero, like Nero, and don’t have any zeros.
Let our study of Rome begin. We began our study of Ancient Rome by finding out WHAT students already know about this amazing ancient civilization. Here is a list along with a list of things students WANT to learn about ancient Rome.
Rome KWL – IK
Rome KWL – HJ
Homework this week:
- Vocab. lesson 5 – be sure to write a 1 – 2 paragraph narrative on pg. 31 (Writing extended responses)